***HELLO PHILADELPHIA FOLK FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER***
Welcome back!!! We’ve missed you! Please select the committee you would most like to serve on at the 60th Annual Philadelphia Folk Festival, but please note that each committee or function has a different capacity for volunteers and the positions will be filled on a first come first serve bases. If the function you select is full you will be put into another function by one of the committee Chairs. Additionally, certain committees (i.e. medical) require specific training in order to volunteer with them. If you are found to not have the training required for the committee you select when purchasing your volunteer ticket, you will be placed into another committee that needs your support.
If you haven’t volunteered before, you’re in for a treat! Our volunteer culture is one-of-a-kind, with unique committee histories and traditions. Most of the volunteer help we need is on the Security and Parking Committees. If you have never volunteered, the Folk Festival Volunteers committee will likely place you on one of these.
Please note that all volunteer tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. The Philadelphia Folksong Society depends on your support to fund its year-long programming.
If you have been pre-determined as ineligible to volunteer (NFG), your money will be refunded to you and you will not be invited to volunteer on any committee at this year’s Festival despite purchasing a volunteer ticket.
**NEED HELP REGISTERING?**
Check out our step by step instructions (with pictures!): https://folkfest.org/about-the-fest/pff-volunteer-ticket-instructions/
***VOLUNTEER CODE OF CONDUCT***
PLEASE READ AND REVIEW BEFORE SIGNING UP TO VOLUNTEER.
The Philadelphia Folksong Society provides quality educational and entertainment programs for the purpose of supporting our mission. Our volunteers and staff are the ambassadors of our organization. They enable us through their dedication to accomplish our goals. The primary purpose of this code of conduct is to provide guidelines to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants.
- At all times, conduct themselves with courteous manners and language, treat others with respect, and demonstrate reasonable conflict resolution skills.
- Recognize that verbal, sexual, and physical abuse is unacceptable.
- Accept supervision and support from PFS staff or designated volunteer managers.
- Abide by all local, state, and federal law; and PFS rules, policies and guidelines.
- Make all reasonable efforts to ensure that programs are accessible to all individuals regardless of race, color, sex, creed, disability, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital or parental status.
- When transporting other volunteers, operate motor vehicles and other equipment in a safe and reliable manner, with a valid operator’s license, and the legally required insurance.
- Comply with all motor vehicle-related state regulations and laws.
- Conduct themselves in a manner that is in the best interest of the PFS, and will not use their volunteer position for purposes of private or personal gain.
Volunteers that do not adhere to this policy may be suspended or terminated.