The Philadelphia Folksong Society provides quality educational and entertainment programs for the purpose of supporting our mission. Our volunteers and staff are the ambassadors of our organization. They enable us through their dedication to accomplish our goals. The primary purpose of this code of conduct is to provide guidelines to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants.
- At all times, conduct themselves with courteous manners and language, treat others with respect, and demonstrate reasonable conflict resolution skills.
- Recognize that verbal, sexual, and physical abuse is unacceptable.
- Accept supervision and support from PFS staff or designated volunteer managers.
- Abide by all local, state, and federal law; and PFS rules, policies and guidelines.
- Make all reasonable efforts to ensure that programs are accessible to all individuals regardless of race, color, sex, creed, disability, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital or parental status.
- When transporting other volunteers, operate motor vehicles and other equipment in a safe and reliable manner, with a valid operator’s license, and the legally required insurance.
- Comply with all motor vehicle-related state regulations and laws.
- Conduct themselves in a manner that is in the best interest of the PFS, and will not use their volunteer position for purposes of private or personal gain.
Volunteers that do not adhere to this policy may be suspended or terminated.